Raised in Newark. Graduated Wellesley and taught at Skidmore College until 1924. Then attended Columbia College of Physicians graduating in 1928. Interred at City Hospital and then completed a Residency at Babies Hospital, both in Newark. Practiced pediatrics in Newark and was Medical Director of Babies’ Hospital 1949-1957. One of the first woman diplomates on the American Board of Pediatrics. Active in the YM/YMCA and Essex County Clinic for Retarded Children.
The Journal of the American Medical Society wrote, “a quiet unassuming woman beloved by her patients and with an outstanding professional ability.”
“Mildred Gregory M.D.” Journal of the American Medical Society, 1984, pg. 776
G-28, Gregory, Mildred, Dr., Newark News Morgue, Newark Library